Search This Blog

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Are You Ready for Some Football??.... Part 2

Part 2 of my Football Season Kick-Off is an even easier version of the basic FOOTBALL CAKE!

I wanted to whip up something fun and easy for my nephew's 9th birthday, so I just made the basic football cake using the Wilton First and Ten Football Pan.  After baking and icing the cake, I just painted a cake board with a little cup of green icing and then plopped the football cake right on top.  Then I piped the lace details on the football and jazzed up the cake board with my nephew's name and a border.  It's a lot like the cake I featured yesterday, but a LOT less cake and a LOT less work!  


For some reason, this football cake is really easy to ice smooth!  Don't bother using a star tip... way too much work!  Just give it a quick layer of icing getting it as smooth as you can, and then stick it in the fridge for 20 minutes.  Then give it another quick layer of icing and use your fingers to pat it smoother.  Simple as that!

Happy Little Party!

No comments:

Post a Comment